Monday, July 02, 2012

Locus reviews the First Republic Trilogy

In the new Locus, Paul Witcover devotes his column to my First Republic trilogy (On the Overgrown Path, The Luminous Depths and One Who Disappeared).  He calls the trilogy "deeply affecting," and sums up in part, "Herter. . . poses profound questions about the morality and responsibility of survival, the origins of evil and of art, and the mysteries of science and religion.  It's a dazzling display both of historical verisimilitude and the spec-fictional retconning of history."  But it's also a review that doesn't condense easily into bites, so I recommend you pick up a copy of Locus, on newsstands this week.

Mr. Witcover is allowing me to quote from an email I received from him today, in response to my thanking him, which condenses quite easily into a bite or two: "Thank you for one of the most engrossing and stimulating artworks I've encountered recently.  Truthfully, I'm still unpacking it, still thinking about all the ramifications and implications."

Books One and Two, On the Overgrown Path and The Luminous Depths, are available in revised and expanded editions for Kindle and Nook, and in lovely domestic physical editions at Third Place Press, and on the Espresso Book network nationwide.  One Who Disappeared is available at PS Publishing UK.

No comments: